This is part two of my series on Austin, Texas!
Austin is well known for its tech scene, art, music, craft beer and crazy bats that live under bridges (seriously). It also has a great food scene – join me as I eat as much as I can in 24 hours!
Top Free Things to Do in Austin: http://lifeofl.in/freeaustin
Save off your next AirBnB with this coupon:
Shot on a Canon G7X: http://lifeofl.in/g7xa
➜ Please subscribe for more fun vlogs about food and cooking: http://lifeofl.in/subscribe
➜ Check out the top FREE things to do in Austin here: http://lifeofl.in/freeaustin
1) Counter 3. FIVE. VII. A bit of an awkward name (it’s supposed to represent the 3, 5 and 7 course tasting menus that are available) but that was just about the only thing that was awkward about the meal. We had a secret , 3 course happy hour meal that was absolute delight. Rarely do we have creativity, technical execution and delicious taste (along well crafted cocktails and warm customer service) come together for .
2) Amy’s Ice Cream – serving creamy, interesting flavored ice cream for over 33 years. Even though it has some rad flavors, I still found myself loving their Mexican Vanilla flavor. You can mix and match all sorts of toppings for tons of texture and flavor combinations. They even had a Jiggypuff flavor during the Pokemon Go craze!
3) Home Slice Pizza. Wow – what? This is a drunk person’s dream. Since the restaurant is so busy, you can walk up to the window and order a fresh slice from the street. They serve New York style pizza that actually tastes like it’s from New York: its has an exceptional crust that’s light and airy with delicious tomato sauce and toppings.
4) Tom’s Roasting Company. Very cute location with art and furniture that will make any selfie lover salivate. The coffee options are really creative. Although it wasn’t the best coffee I ever had, it was solid and the “in your friend’s backyard” decor and environment more than made up for it. It felt like a little oasis in the middle of the city.
5) Franklin’s BBQ: the classic. The legend. The line! This is one of the most famous BBQ places in Austin (if not Texas, and therefore the world). I would recommend coming here either very early in the morning or come at an “off time” like a weekday during late opening hours (1PM or so). You may run into some meats being out, but it sure beats a 2-3 hour wait time (this is the average wait during peak hours). Was it worth it? Watch the video and see 🙂
∙• Instagram (see beautiful food pics!): @https://www.instagram.com/the.life.of.lin ∙•
∙• Facebook (connect with me and my fans!): https://www.facebook.com/lifeoflin•∙
➜ Watch more videos from my channel here: http://bit.ly/2yGbpeP
#foodie #restaurants #austin #texas
Music Provided by:
Tobu – Candyland
More info on Austin Food Scene! Restaurants, BBQ, Ice Cream & Coffee Shops
Bing: Austin Food Scene! Restaurants, BBQ, Ice Cream Search results
The 10 Best Lunch Restaurants in Austin - TripAdvisor
Best Lunch Restaurants in Austin, Texas: Find TripAdvisor traveler reviews of the best Austin Lunch Restaurants and search by price, location, and more.
2018 Best Places to Eat in Austin : Dozens of Guides by ...
Discover the best places to eat in Austin according to local food bloggers: Must-try restaurants, tasty dishes, and delicious drinks all around town.
foodtrailersaustin | Curating Austin Food Trailers Since 2010
Chef Nick Ragazzo was born in the Italian neighborhood of Chambersburg in Trenton NJ. From an early age while watching his Mother and Aunt Rosie make traditional east coast Italian specialties he learned his love of food.
AOL Food - Recipes, Cooking and Entertaining
Find recipes for every meal, easy ideas for dinner tonight, cooking tips and expert food advice.
The 10 Best Austin Restaurants 2018 - TripAdvisor
Reserve a table for the best dining in Austin, Texas on TripAdvisor: See 138,110 reviews of 4,017 Austin restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more.
The List: The Top 50 Barbecue Joints in Texas – Texas Monthly
Food & Drink The List: The Top 50 Barbecue Joints in Texas. Welcome to the golden age of Texas barbecue.
Austin travel - Lonely Planet
Live Music. The city easily earns its title of 'Live Music Capital of the World.' Two music festivals, South by Southwest (SXSW) and the Austin City Limits Festival, earn international acclaim, but quality live performances go down every single night in one of the countless clubs, bars and restaurants.
Austin, TX Restaurants and Dining | Explore Food & Drink ...
Austin boasts numerous world-renowned chefs while remaining true to its roots with local fare from taco shops and food trucks. Explore our culinary scene and find the best restaurants and dining in Austin - from farm-to-table to BBQ and Tex-Mex.
Where To Eat In Austin | Gimme Some Oven
Food blogger, Ali Ebright, shares a detailed list of recommendations for the best restaurants in Austin, Texas. (A Google map is also included!)
Austin Restaurants | Food & Wine
F&W's guide to the best Austin restaurants and bars includes where to find spectacular barbecue and who makes exceptional tacos.